POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compile error help needed : Re: Compile error help needed Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compile error help needed
From: Roz
Date: 9 Apr 2003 12:29:33
Message: <3e944a6d@news.povray.org>
earthdog wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 00:04:19 +0200, Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>

>>In article <pan### [at] NOSPAMevil3dnet> , "earthdog"
>><ear### [at] NOSPAMevil3dnet> wrote:
>>

>>>-Wno-multichar -c tiff_pov.cpp tiff_pov.cpp:46:20: tiffio.h: No such file
>>>or directory tiff_pov.cpp:55: type specifier omitted for parameter
>>
>>FYI, here it tells you...
>

> Can you point me in the right direction for obtining these files?  I'm
> lost.  I've looked through my distro files, no joy.
>
> --Jeff

I don't know if you solved the tiffio.h issue yet but if not then what
you need to do is search for libtiff. I'm not familiar with Mandrake so
I can't point you to where on their site you can get the libtiff rpm but
   you could try http://rpmfind.net and search for libtiff. Another
alternative is http://www.libtiff.org but it would probably be better
for you if you could find the appropriate rpm for your distro.

-Roz